Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bernie the 1%'er

source: www.bloomberg.com
Bernie Sanders is always talking about the 1% not paying their fair share. Putting aside the fact that when "fair share" is talked about, nobody seems to know what that really means, Sanders recently released his 2014 taxes which show that, in spite of the fact he and his wife made more than $200,000, they paid only 13% in federal tax. He complains he's one of the poorest people in Congress.

I don't know about you, but I didn't make half of that and I had to pay 28%.

It seems strange to me that the guy hollering so loudly that the rich are getting away with murder seems to be getting away with murder.

And what's all this about he couldn't release his 2014 taxes because "his wife usually does their taxes but had been busy with him on the campaign trail." I don't know about you, but I just did my 2015 taxes. You would think somebody like Sanders would have had his done by a CPA months ago, especially if he was going to be on the campaign trail.

Just goes to show you once again, you can't trust what a politician says, no matter who he is or what he pretends to be.